Wednesday 23 November 2011

MUSE

It's dark, dreary days like today that make me realise how much I want to be a Pre-Raphealite's muse. I left my flat this morning to go to lectures wearing a bright red mac, originally bought for days when I would need cheering up a bit, a nice colourful coat for cold, northern winters. However, today I wore it and despite the compliments, it even got admired by my lecturer, I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy for those beautifully grungey, gothy girls who go out in the cold all bundled up looking utterly stunning in a sumptuous mix of velvet, lace and wool. Combined with dark, plum coloured lips, kohl eyes and flowing locks they are in my opinion, the Lizzie Siddals of today.  


^this painting by Rossetti is one of my all time favourites, this woman is everything I want to be^

So tomorrow out will come the skintight black jeans, the lace scarf, the velvet jacket and the plum coloured lipstick. The sad thing is that I know I will never look like those beautiful Pre-Raphealite women.

No comments:

Post a Comment